Board in Archive Mode: Forum Index Board in Archive Mode:
Please visit new board @ http://board.libriumarcana.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning: Board Upgrade on Wednesday October 12, 2011

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Board in Archive Mode: Forum Index -> Great Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Warning: Board Upgrade on Wednesday October 12, 2011 Reply with quote

As the title Says....

On October 12, 2011, Librium Arcana will be closed down as we undergo the planned Discussion Board Upgrades. Sometime during Wednesday, we will be switching the board to Archive Mode, disallowing any new posts so that we lose nothing during the changeover period.

The board should be down no more than 24 hours, though it may be up to 48 hours.

Those of you with board-direct bookmarks, please be aware that the board will have a new URL! It will no longer be located at libriumarcana.com/phpBB2 but instead will bbs.libriumarcana.com. Please make sure to update your bookmarks accordingly, or goto the main site libriumarcana.com for the link.

Edit: new board URL is http://board.libriumarcana.com

Thank you
-Allen "Dark Silver" Thibodaux
Site Administrator

"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.

DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.

Last edited by Dark Silver on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have to ask - why the third-level domain "bbs."?

I mean, you could have made it "forum.", or "post.", or even "f." for brevity.

DS, if you're dead-set on having it be "bbs." I won't complain much beyond this. But, to be honest, it looks like you're using the SDN forums as a basis for this. Is this true?
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbs = bulletin board system, which is what the software is.

And I can change the sub-domain at anytime, I just chose bbs. because that's the first one that came to mind. I could change it to forum.libriumarcana.com

In all honestly, SDnet's sub-domain for their forums may have played a unconcious role in me picking that subdomain, simply because that's the URL I goto when I visit there.

At anyrate....it shouldn't matter what the sub-domain itself is, just as long as it points to our board (there's one, I could go with board). It wasn't my intention to open this up for dicussion, just to inform everyone WHEN the change was taking place, and what to use to get there.

"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.

DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine - "bbs" just made me immediately think of SDN, is all. I just reacted instead of acted.

That said, "board." would be a good one.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a alteration.

I've changed the subdomain that the new board will be reachable at. Change is noted in the original post.

That is all.

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say that the new subdomain should be brownchickenbrowncow.libriumarcana.com
White Haven
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totallynotsdn.libriumarcana.com? Sure, why not. *cackles*

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring General Havoc.
-'Spontaneous anal inversion doesn't happen nearly as often as I would like.'
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not trying to be SDnet.

Never claimed to be SDnet.

The only thing we really have in common with SDnet is a shared group of users. We're not a debate board, or a SciFi Vs board, we're a Gaming and RPG Board.

I'm doing the subdomain simply because I have to change the install directory of the new software, I cannot use the current one. Because of that, Bookmarks WILL be broken for everyone who has the board bookmarked.

With a subdomain, when future upgrades come along, and I have to change the install directories again, those with the new bookmarks, will have to change nothing, all I have to do is alter where the subdomain points to, saving future time and hassel for the users.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Board in Archive Mode: Forum Index -> Great Hall All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: